My intuitive services might also be thought of as your own guided personal empowerment session.
Through a combination of a wealth of personal life experience, extensive reading, having studied symbolism/archetypes and visual/spiritual cultures, and cultivated my own intuition, I use the cards as jumping-off points to provide a base from which to offer you insights, guidance, and most importantly, safe and affirming support.
I am not a trained therapist, nor do I consider myself a “life coach” or similar. I am also not “clergy” of any kind. What I am is someone who has spent a lifetime learning how to “hear” the energies and “spirits” around us, how to listen to my inner intuition (which is a gift we all possess; I have merely worked hard to be able to access mine through all the outside chatter). This is often called “magic” or witchcraft, and if that is how you need to engage with it I am in no way offended. Others refer to it as “talking to angels” or other “positive” and “light” work. None of those things is how I think of what I do if I’m honest, but I affirm you where you are. I know that I am not consorting with devils or gods. I am, sincerely, only tapping into a gift and connectedness that exists within humans and has been shut down by culture, religion, the patriarchy, fear of the unknown and currently unexplainable, etc. and applying real-world knowledge with a bit of human psychology, thoughtful listening, and inspiration. It is neither evil nor based in toxic positivity culture.
My services allow you to explore your feelings, struggles, and more to find the answer that your innermost spirit already knows but needs to be reminded of. You are given access to beautiful images that may inspire you, give you something to meditate upon, and/or open up your creative brain. You receive soothing, kind, words from me to accompany the images and that explain visual clues to help you understand it at a deeper level. It is always my goal for you to leave a session with me feeling empowered and having found the tools and answers that already exist within your own self to help you deal with life in a good way.
Intuitive Services Offered:
- Intuitive reading via a variety of card decks – see options & rates below
Additional $10 service fee for me to select deck & type of reading (except for single card readings)
- Dream interpretation – $25, 30-minute consultation
- Water gazing – $100, see details below
Readings must be paid in full prior to beginning of the reading. There are no refunds once a reading begins. Should a situation arise in which you need to reschedule after paying, you will have a credit for the reschedule.
When contacting for an appointment, please specify:
1. exactly what kind of reading (specific deck and reading option for cards, if it is a dream interpretation, or if it is a water gazing) you would like so I can block sufficient time for you,
2. what type of remote access you prefer (FB Messenger, IG DM, Google Hangouts, email). It is best to contact me via the method you’d prefer to use for reading, if possible.
3. what method you intend to pay with. Payment is by CashApp or Paypal only (see details below.)
Intuitive Reading Deck Options
*All readings include a photo of the card(s) selected. In the case of multiple card readings, you will receive individual images for each card as well as a photo of the full spread.*
$7 Single Card Readings
- Available from the Animal Spirits Knowledge deck, Archetype Cards, Art Oracle deck, The Divine Energy Oracle, Earth Magic Oracle deck, Goddess Inspiration Oracle deck, Literary Witches Oracle deck, Moon Deck, Mystic Rebel Oracle deck, Mystic Rebel Crystal deck, Neo Tarot deck, Path of the Soul Destiny deck, Spiritsong Tarot deck , Light Seer’s Tarot deck, Crow Tarot deck, Urban Crow Oracle deck
- If you would like for me to intuitively select a deck for your single card reading, please let me know.
- All $7 single-card readings should be paid to http://cash.me/$aaminahshakur
- Please note that single card readings do not require an appointment or interaction, so they may take up to 24 hours to be sent. PLEASE message from the platform where you want the reading to be sent to tell me your deck choice (FB Messenger, IG Direct Message, email.) DO NOT SAY ON THE CASH APP MESSAGE THAT IT IS FOR A READING (this is because Square, like many other sites/pay options, is refusing to process payments for products and services they nebulously and often incorrectly deem as “occult”.)
* There is an additional $10 service fee if you do not choose the deck and type of reading you want and require me to figure out “what is best” for you. *
Goddess Inspiration Oracle Deck & Moon Deck Oracle Intuitive Readings
- Goddess Inspiration and Moon Deck: 4-card reading & interpretation / 1 hour consultation = $35 (past, present, future, wrap-up/contextualize)
- Moon Deck 5-card reading & interpretation / 1-hour consultation =$45 (Self-Care spread – Body, Heart, Mind, Spirit, Next Steps + bonus 1-card pull from The Universe Has Your Back)
The Goddess Inspiration deck offers a 4-card reading inspired by goddesses from a variety of world cultures. The reading is a past/present/future/wrap-up style. Each card includes the name of a “goddess” and some information about what she represents, what strengths she is known for, and associated symbolism. The idea behind this reading is to tap into the characteristics you have within yourself and needed to be reminded of or inspired by. During the reading, I will interpret each card individually and in how they relate to each other, so the reading builds upon previous cards as we move along.
The Moon Deck offers beautiful artwork and advice/mantras to address various questions you may have. There is a 4-card past/present/future/wrap-up offering and a 5-card Self-Care spread. The cards provide guidance and help you to tap into your innate knowledge and skills needed to help you address the situation you are concerned about. If you request a multi-card reading I will interpret each card individually as they answer specific elements of your questions, as well as how they relate to each other, so the reading may build upon previous cards as we move along.
Neo Tarot Self-Care Deck Intuitive Readings
- 3-card reading & interpretation / 30 minute consultation = $25 (Select from: past, present, future; OR mind, body, spirit; OR strengths, weaknesses, advice)
- 6-card Self Care Pyramid reading & interpretation /1-hour consultation = $55 (your current state of mind, self-care strategy to try, what might be stopping you, how to address this, benefit of addressing it, how you’ll thrive)
- Celtic Cross 10-card reading & interpretation / 90-minute consultation = $95 (A traditional, and more expansive, spread that analyzes you, what crosses you, what crowns you, what is beneath you, what is behind you, what is before you, your attitude, surrounding energies, hopes & fears, and the outcome + bonus 1-card pull from Mystic Rebel Oracle deck)
The Neo Tarot Self-Care deck features brightly colored contemporary art and readings are built around aspects of and advice for self-care. The three-card reading offers some additional options to the traditional past/present/future readings, and the expanded readings offer advice and support for the care you need to address life and issues while respecting your own boundaries, health, and needs.
Mystic Rebel Oracle Deck Intuitive Readings
- Personal Development 3-card reading & interpretation / 30 minute consultation = $25 (past, present, future)
- Unlocking Abundance 3-card reading & interpretation / 30 minute consultation = $25 (Old beliefs/blocks, New beliefs/support needed, Advice to attract abundance)
- What the Hell is Going On? 5-card reading & interpretation / 1 hour consultation = $45 (Overall theme or situation, What is in alignment, What is out of alignment, What info is needed, What action can be taken)
- What Your Guides Want You to Know 6-card reading & interpretation / 1 hour consultation = $55 (Overall theme of the reading, Hidden blessing, Advice to move forward, Obstacle to overcome, Solution to help overcome obstacles, Expectation going forward + bonus 1-card pull from Mystic Rebel Crystals Deck)
Mystic Rebel Oracle readings vary depending on the type of reading (spread) chosen . They use an inspiration/oracle deck with multi-racial/ethnic contemporary imagery. The Mystic Oracle deck is said to help you connect with your spirit guides (in some traditions they are known as your ancestors, in others your angels, etc. I use the term spirit guides so that you are free to recognize them as your own guides within your own tradition) and receive wisdom. As with the other types of readings, the cards provide guidance and help you to tap into your innate knowledge and skills needed to help you address the situation you are concerned about. Again, I do not tell you a clear “do this” with these readings, though sometimes the cards do have pretty direct do/don’t messages to guide you towards your highest good or away from danger. During the reading, I will interpret each card individually as they answer specific elements of your questions, as well as how they relate to each other, so the reading may build upon previous cards as we move along. Some spreads are more extensive and can answer more complex questions, and additional cards offer more information to help guide you.
Literary Witches Oracle Deck Intuitive Readings
- Traditional 3-card reading & interpretation / 30 minute consultation = $25 (past, present, future)
- Creative’s Inspiration 4-card reading & interpretation, comes with bonus single card reading from Art Oracle deck / 1 hour consultation = $40 (Overall theme or situation in your creative life, Blockages/Attitudes you need to be aware of, Gifts you need to unlock, Action/Moving Forward)
The Literary Witches Oracle deck (below) offers cards either depicting a woman literary figure (such as Emily Dickinson, Eileen Chang, Audre Lorde, or Mirabai) or depicting archetypal images (such as a doll, the eye, a skull, a tree, or a wolf). There are two types of readings that are very similar to other decks. The first is a simple 3-card Past/Present/Future reading. The second is a more detailed and extensive reading that is perfect for Creatives (writers, artists, poets, etc.) who trying to tap into their creativity. This second reading is 4 cards plus an additional bonus single card reading from the Art Oracle deck. The Creative’s Inspiration 4-card reading & interpretation, offers cards in a mix of the literary figure and archetypal images to provide answers to the Overall theme or situation in your creative life, Blockages/Attitudes you need to be aware of, Gifts you need to unlock, Action you can take/Moving Forward. Cards are interpreted in both types of readings individually and in how they interact with or build upon each other. As with the other types of readings, the cards provide guidance and help you to tap into your innate knowledge and skills needed to help you address the situation you are concerned about.
Crow Tarot & Urban Crow Oracle Intuitive Readings
- Tarot or Oracle 3-card reading & interpretation / 30-minute consultation = $25 (past, present, future)
- Crow Oracle 3-card reading & interpretation / 30-minute consultation = $25 (strengths, weaknesses, advice)
- Crow Tarot Q&A 5-card reading & interpretation / 1-hour consultation = $45 (situation, action you can take, obstacles/challenges, potential outcome, potential effects/impacts)
- Crow Tarot Golden Star 6-card reading & interpretation / 1-hour consultation = $55 (heart of the matter, present situation/issue, known desires, hidden factors, possible obstacles/attitudes impacting the situation, potential outcome)
- Crow Oracle What Your Guides Want You to Know 6-card reading & interpretation / 1-hour consultation = $55 (Overall theme of the reading, Hidden blessing, Advice to move forward, Obstacle to overcome, Solution to help overcome obstacles, Expectation going forward)
The Crow Tarot and Urban Crow Oracle decks both reference the inspiration and symbolism of the wisdom of the crow, some of the most intelligent and mystical birds known to regularly communicate with humans. The artwork and decks are created by MJ Cullinane and you can learn more about them on her website as well.
All Intuitive Readings & Dream Interpretations are available:
- In-person by appointment (currently not available due to COVID-19 distancing measures, and not expected to be available the remainder of 2020.)
- Text-based Remote/long-distance (via Facebook Messenger, Instagram DM, Google Hangouts, Twitter DM, or email) by appointment – this is the most common reading and is nice because you have text and photos to refer back to anytime.
- Multiple-card readings are typically interactive, but if you don’t have time or want to interact, that is ok. I will have to ask you to provide the question or area you need focused in on, and then I can do the reading and send it to you so that you can read it at your convenience. Single card readings do not require interaction; I can just send you the card and personalized interpretation. You are welcome to suggest an area of focus if you wish but not required to do so. Dream interpretations require you to provide the content of the dream and answer necessary clarifying questions. Water Gazings are not interactive; you will be asked to provide an area I should focus on and up to 3 questions, and the text interpretation will be sent to you after I have completed the ceremony (see below for more information.)
- Please note, standard phone calls and video calls are NOT an option.
- Water gazing works a little differently and does not require interaction, nor will it be done in person at this time. I can send you the interpretation via Facebook Messenger, Instagram DM, Google Hangouts, Twitter DM, or email, as you prefer. It will include two images, the front and back of a Water Crystal card as well.
- Paypal at paypal.me/shakurarts (can be used to pay by credit/debit whether you have a Paypal account or not) OR to firstname.lastname@example.org via your Paypal account. Please note that this method takes out a fee unless you use the “send to friends and family” option.) PLEASE message from the platform where you want the reading to be sent to tell me your deck choice (FB Messenger, IG Direct Message, email.) DO NOT SAY ON THE PAYPAL MESSAGE THAT IT IS FOR A READING (this is because many pay sites are refusing to process payments for products and services they nebulously and often incorrectly deem as “occult”, and there is a possibility that Paypal may begin to follow suit.)
- SquareCash aka CashApp at cash.me/$aaminahshakur (can be used to pay by credit/debit.) This is especially preferred for single card readings because it does not incur fees but can also be used for any other type of reading. PLEASE message from the platform where you want the reading to be sent to tell me your deck choice (FB Messenger, IG Direct Message, email.) DO NOT SAY ON THE CASH APP MESSAGE THAT IT IS FOR A READING (this is because Square, like many other sites/pay options, is refusing to process payments for products and services they nebulously and often incorrectly deem as “occult”.)
- Cash (in person only)
- * There is an additional $10 service fee if you do not choose the deck and type of reading you want and require me to figure out “what is best” for you. * (With the exception for single card readings, where there is no fee for me to select the deck.)
Readings must be paid in full prior to beginning of the reading. There are no refunds once a reading begins. Should a situation arise in which you need to reschedule after paying, you will have a credit for the reschedule.
Contact: Aaminah Shakur
- Email: email@example.com
- Facebook: Aaminah Shakur
When contacting for an appointment, please specify: 1. exactly what kind of reading (specific deck and reading option for cards, if it is a dream interpretation, or if it is a water gazing) you would like so I can block sufficient time for you, 2. what type of remote access you prefer (FB Messenger, IG DM, Google Hangouts, etc.), and 3. what method you intend to pay with.
What is an “intuitive reading”?
An intuitive reading only means that I am going to explain the significance of the cards chosen in terms of what those archetypes represent, while also interpreting what that significance *might* mean to your individual life based on my own intuition while working with you. While you should come with a specific question or concern and let me know what that is to help direct which information I hone in on, I do not need to know your entire (his)story unless you choose to tell it. You are welcome to give me as much information as you feel comfortable divulging, and I may need to ask a series of clarifying questions throughout the reading. My intuition guides what I think you need to “hear” from the cards chosen, but it remains up to you to determine how to use that information. Because it is intuition-based knowledge, I do not promise that what I say will resonate immediately with you, but I do believe that if you absorb the information and continue to reflect on it, you will eventually understand the message that was meant for you. It is not my practice to tell you what you should do or how to solve any issues you may have. What the reading and my interpretation offers you is insight into the answers and strengths that already lie within you so that you can tap into them to find the answers to your questions. You can preview my readings in action on Instagram where I used to post every Friday morning, offering “single card” readings from two different decks. These were hand-selected by me each Friday, where I intuitively chose two decks and then shuffled/cut/selected one card from each deck. The posts include an interpretation of each along with an image of the two cards. You can find them by searching the hashtags “ShakurArts,” “FridayReadings,” or “IReadMoreThanTarot”.
Why can’t you just tell me what I should do?
My skill set is not as a medium or fortune teller. What I offer with an intuitive reading is not a straight-forward “this is what your future holds.” I believe we all create our own future, and that our futures hold endless possibilities and opportunities to change them. The cards provide a basic context around an issue you are seeking insight into. I provide you the context – based on what the card itself symbolizes – but this is still open to interpretation and requires further context to determine how it is relevant. After explaining the general symbolism of the card, I provide an interpretation based on what information the card is giving me intuitively. This part of the reading is quite difficult to explain, because it is tapping into a deeper force than my own conscious mind – this is the deeper spiritual work. However, I do not control access to that deeper force and cannot make demands of it – it shows me what I am meant to see and what I am capable of explaining to you. These readings do not provide linear or simplistic “yes/no” or “do this/don’t do that” answers and I cannot predict your future. What they do is tap into a primal and instinctual energy that allows me to provide you with some clearer options, insight into potential obstacles/risks you should watch out for, and encouragement towards a resolution or outcome, while reminding you of the strengths you carry within yourself and need to tap into as you move forward and shape your future for yourself.
What is a single card reading?
Single card readings are offered from the Animal Spirits Knowledge deck, Archetype Cards, Art Oracle deck, The Divine Energy Oracle, Earth Magic Oracle deck, Goddess Inspiration Oracle deck, Literary Witches Oracle deck, Moon Deck, Mystic Rebel Oracle deck, Mystic Rebel Crystal deck, Neo Tarot deck, Path of the Soul Destiny deck, Spiritsong Tarot deck , Light Seer’s Tarot deck, Crow Tarot deck, Urban Crow Oracle deck . As with all other readings, you receive a photo of the card so you can refer back to it. These readings do not require interaction and can be sent to you anytime (generally I will send readings for all requests made that day in the late evening) via FB Message, email, or IG message.
What is Water Gazing?
Water gazing is an ancient technique of intuitive reading. It is from the same family as crystal balls and mirror gazing, but done in water instead. I have been doing mirror and water gazing since I was a teenager, but had not done it for several years before my priestess instructed me that I was to return to it and offer it as a service. Because water is a natural element and one I am particularly connected to, this is a much more intense and unpredictable reading than from the cards. You will need to give me an area of your life that you want focused in on and up to three questions (the questions are optional) to help guide me. Essentially, I gaze into the bowl of water until I am offered visions, images, and more that I then interpret for you. You will be provided a written explanation of what I saw (and in some cases, heard) that your spirits want you to know. As with intuitive card readings, please be aware that I cannot tell you what specific actions to take and will not tell you what to do. I interpret the messages so that you can make empowered and educated choices. This is not a live interactive reading because I may or may not be able to speak and I cannot type during the readings. Please also note that there may be a wait time for me to be able to do the water gazing ceremony, process it, and recover sufficiently to send you the interpretation, but it is my intention to be transparent with you about when I am able to do the ceremony and when to expect the interpretation to be sent.
Why does Water Gazing cost more than card readings?
Water gazing takes considerable more time for preparation beforehand and repair to myself afterward. It is a much more draining exercise than card readings that can have spiritual, emotional, and physical impacts on me. I also am unable to control for how much time the gazing may take to get the full interpretation.
Can I trust that my personal business isn’t being shared with others?
Yes. Although there is no way for me to “prove” to you that your secrets are safe with me, they absolutely are. I am not a therapist or life coach, merely an intuitive reader, but I take this work very serious and your privacy very serious. I do not name my clients to anyone (though if you ever feel compelled to give a testimonial I can include on this site, I am happy to do so – and happy to post it anonymously if you prefer), and I do not discuss ANYTHING about your reading with anyone else. Anything said during our appointments is sacred and completely private. This includes any information you share, what cards came up, and anything related to interpretation for you. Everything about our appointment is bound in confidentiality.
What do previous/current clients say about your services?
You can read testimonials/statements from previous clients. The page will be updated as more statements are offered. If you have used my services and would like to contribute a statement, please email it to me, along with exactly how you prefer to be identified (full name, first name, initials, anonymous, etc.) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are the guarantees you offer?
I can only promise you:
- I will be honest with you about what I see. I am not going to lie to you, give you only comforting words, or hide warnings that I see in the cards. I have a responsibility to speak truthfully to you.
- That said, my readings are empowering, and overwhelmingly you should leave the reading feeling at peace and ready to take on your situation. My readings are not based in shame, fear, or negative energy.
- I will not tell you what you should do or manipulate you into taking any action. Your decisions for how to use the information I provide are entirely your own.
- I will hold your emotions in a sacred space, where you are free to express yourself (in non-abusive ways) and be vulnerable if you choose to.
- Your identity, contact information, and everything related to services I provided to you will be held in confidence.
I can NOT promise you:
- That you will agree with my interpretation.
- That you will get a clear-cut answer that tells you exactly what action to take, how, and when.
- That you will get the answer you wanted to hear.
- That you will find the reading relevant, especially if you came in with an intent to get confirmation of what you want and the answer is not what you wanted to hear.
- That I won’t see and have insight into areas you hadn’t intended to ask about. I do not have control over the force that provides me information.
- That you will like anything I have to share with you.
- That the decisions you take based on the information I provide will always be entirely successful or get you the result you hoped for.
In short, the only guarantee is that I will behave according to a code of ethics and integrity with you. That code includes that I am doing nothing to “bewitch” or manipulate you, I am honoring your privacy, I will give you your money’s worth, and I intend for you to finish your reading feeling empowered, inspired, and supported to take control of your own life.
Read Testimonials of other clients